The National Medical and Dental College Admission Test (NMDCAT / National MDCAT) is a test conducted in Pakistan by the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), as a prerequisite for admission to all medical and dental colleges in the country. The exam is definitely a significant milestone for all aspiring doctors and dentists in Pakistan, with hundreds of thousands attempting it each year to ace it and secure their future.
For Sindh, Dow University of Health Sciences will conduct the test.
We at Chaajao (powered by IBAGRADS) have made our mark in the MDCAT market with 1,000+ students clearing the exam in 2022 only! With extensively-researched material, a multi-tiered testing system, and a quality-focused approach, we make sure that our future doctors receive the best possible education out there!
PMC conducts the NMDCAT approximately three to four months after the FSc is completed.
Yes, candidates must be at least 16 years old.
A candidate is permitted to take the MDCAT exam only once in each calendar year.
This test is made up of multiple-choice questions based on the MDCAT syllabus. Getting through the test is not easy. Nonetheless, passing the test can be achieved by thoroughly understanding the entire syllabus and by following certain tips and tricks.
As per the regulations of the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Medical/Dental colleges admission tests (MDCAT) are mandatory for students applying to MBBS and BDS programs in both public and private institutions.
There are 6000 Public sector MBBS/BDS seats in Pakistan. Approximately 200,000 students compete every year.
MDCAT Test is based on 200 MCQs, to be done in 210 minutes, and it consists of five portions:
– Logical Reasoning
A local applicant is someone who has done either their A-Level, HSSC or FSc from Pakistan
A foreign applicant is someone who has done either their A-Level, HSSC or Grade 12 from a foreign country.
You are required to provide either your CNIC, Form-B or NICOP card for identification purposes.
You are required to provide your passport for identification purposes.
The PMC eligibility criteria is as follows:
● 65% or above in HSSC or IBCC equivalent
● 60% or above in MDCAT or SAT II
● For applicants who are applying on the basis of SAT II scores. Scaled marks should be 60% or above. Scaled marks will be calculated based on Weightage of individual SAT II subject scores as follows:
● Biology: 40%
● Chemistry: 35%
● Physics/Maths: 25%
The system requires your CNIC/Passport number and roll number, and with this information system will automatically fetch your MDCAT test score.
What is the application fee? The application fee is Rs. 515, with the fee itself being Rs. 500 and bank charges amounting to Rs.15. The application fee is the same for both Local and Foreign applicants.
You must submit the application fee within the deadline, otherwise afterwards your application will not be considered for any further processing
Follow the below steps:
● Download and Print Fee Bill
● Deposit Fee in any MCB Bank Branch.
● Upload application fee receipt
The Criteria Merit Generation is as under:
FSc/ IBCC Equivalence 30%
MDCAT / SAT II: 50%
Merit has been generated out of 80% as prescribed above. The remaining 20% will be decided by the colleges as part of the interview.